We do flow analysis with an expertise in aerodynamics and hydrodynamic performance.
The main feature of our simulations include:
- Aerodynamic simulation in steady stae or transient flow.
- Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) for hydrofoils and other structures.
- Calculation of slamming loads, sloshing, water entry, wave piercing and drag and lift forces.
- Particulate flow modeling using CFD and CFD-DEM
- Study of rheological behaviour of non-Newtonian fluids
- Reacting flow modeling including simulation of combustion
Our workflow is highly automated and we are able to perform hundreds of simulations per day.
We use OpenFOAM® for flow analysis. OpenFOAM® (Open Field Operation And Manipulation), based on C++, is a free and open source CFD toolbox. Unlike commercial codes OpenFOAM® is not a black box, the user can control and modify each of the steps of the solving process by changing the source code. This is a great advantage, since several modules include data conversion from and to commercial CFD codes (Ansys®, Fluent®, CFX®) or formats (VTK), allowing cross validations. There is almost no limit for OpenFOAM to simulate. Therefore, we can develop the solver for your specific project if there is no standard solver in OpenFOAM.
We are setting up our own HPC cluster with 1280 CPU cores and we expect to be on duty on June 2021.